Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A new day

It seems really dark out this morning and it is starting to rain. What I wouldn't give for a really good thunderstorm about now.


I woke up to the sound of a siren on our street. Sirens are pretty normal around here and you can rarely go outside and not hear one. I don't like it, but that's reality in the city.

I like my coffee too sweet and really hot and this morning it turned out just right.

So in spite of the sirens, the day is starting off well.
Rain, good coffee and the knowledge that today is a new day.
Full of possibilities.
Full of being nice, and loving to others, but most of all to myself.
Full of memories of middle of the night whispers, touches and passion.
Full of love for a man that deserves so much more than what I am able to give him.

It seems ok to think of the bad days, like yesterday, in the light of morning.
I guess it is because my mental slate is clean and I can start all over again.
It's also because I am somewhat  rested. Being tired makes all transgressions seem uglier.

I am going to go make another cup of coffee and stand on the back steps and watch the rain.




*image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment